søndag 14. mars 2010

Opeth


Yesterday I found Opeth's Damnation in the CD shelf again, and I've been listening to it today as well. This was the first Opeth record I bought, and stupid me - I thought this was how the band was. Only later did I discover the much heavier - and probably real - version of the band with growling vocals and everything.

As wrong as I was, I simply adore this album. And in a way, it represents a perfect circle to me. I'm very much into Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, Bass Communion etc. etc.) and I also like parts of what Dream Theatre have made. And then I learned that these three acts have a collaboration going on. I love that. It's like Kinder Egg, isn't it? Three things add up to a greater whole?

A few more words about Damnation. It's a record so pure in sound and so melodic in tunes. And why bother growling, with a voice like that, anyway?!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar