søndag 7. mars 2010

Sunn O)))


I had another listen to Sunn O)))'s Monoliths and Dimensions again. Although this record has received exceptional scores by critics everywhere, it has yet to conquer me entirely. I do enjoy the soundscapes, but don't find this record that different from their earlier material.

Maybe it's got a bit to do with the fact that I'm pissed with never receiving the vinyl record ordered so many months ago? Sunn O))) always put a tremendous effort in their album design, and having just a CD cover to look at isn't quite the same as a good, thick LP cover, is it? And I do believe that reduces the pleasure of listening, too. However I do love Attila Csihar's chanting and the choir joining in, which lifts the sound a bit out of the "ordinary" Sunn O)))'s space.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar